Monday, August 20, 2007

The Wherescape Red Sucks Honeypot Post

I've been writing boring notes to self in this blog, fully expecting nobody to bother commenting. Now that someone has actually written a comment, I'm completely freaking out! I can't help but suspect that the commenter has undisclosed interests and is engaging in viral marketing. A lot of vendor-aligned consultants these days are expected to provide product discussion forum feedback as a background task - perhaps some vendors have stipulated public comms responsibilities too for their consultants?

Apologies if you think this is all too cynical and even somewhat misanthropic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You post em we read em...I am the CEO of WhereScape, like everyone else we have google alerts set up for a range of words including our name, and judging from some of the posts out there a lot of our customers and independent developers have them setup too. We do encourage everyone to respond, but I wouldn't count it as cynical. Some people prefer to post questions in blogs or discussion groups rather than our forum, and certainly if we see them we will answer them. And no we don't have a stipulated public communications policy but the title of your posting was certainly intriguing enough to make me click on it.
Regards,
Michael Whitehead

oscil8er said...

Scratch honeypot, make that royaljellypot instead!

Just goes to show, in the web 2.0 world you gotta switch off comments if you want to embark on solipsistic rants...

Just to clarify, I was suggesting that *I* might be being cynical and misanthropic with my post title, not commenters!